Investing in Treasury Bills for retail clients
Government securities are issued in the form of treasury bills and bonds, in national and foreign currency. Treasury bills are short-term financial instruments with a maturity of 3, 6 and 12 months. The gained interest on this instrument is calculated as the difference between the nominal value and the purchase price of the coupon. Treasury bills are financial instruments with mid-term and long-term maturity. Currently in Albania are issued treasury bonds of 2, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year maturity. The gained interest in the form of a coupon is paid every six months during the term of the instrument. Generally, bonds are issued with a fixed coupon rate, e.g. a fixed interest rate throughout the duration of the bond. But bonds can also be issued with a variable rate coupon. In this case, the interest rate is variable and is determined each year on the issue date as the variable rate amount (calculated as the average of the last three Auctions of Treasury Bills 12m) and a fixed margin determined at auction. Credins Sha Bank is licensed by the Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority (AMF) as: “A brokerage company on the retail market of securities of the Republic of Albania” and as “Securities custodian of governmental securities and bonds of shareholding companies in the Republic of Albania”.
All individuals or companies who want to invest in financial instruments. Credins Bank not only offers intermediation services in securities auctions, but also the trading of securities at any time before the maturity date. You can perform any securities transactions at any time at the branches of Credit Bank. Credins Bank is one of the five banks in the domestic market that offers trading of benchmark bonds.
Your benefits out of our treasury products:
- Safe storage of investment portfolio data; the Bank provides safe storage and information on all transactions/changes to your investment portfolio;
- Efficient and fast settlement of securities transactions;
- Timely delivery of securities-related services (coupon payment, interest payment, etc.). If you invest in the Albanian Government Securities through Credins Bank or you buy securities in the secondary market, you will benefit all securities services, including coupon payment, principal payment at maturity date, and information on interest rates and market prices for your investments at any time.
- Competitive service fees;
- Trading at competitive prices in retail securities market;
- You can pay daily visits at the Banks’ website to get informed on the Benchmark Bond Quotations.
- Timely service delivery by our staff with a long and impressive experience in Treasury Department’s Financial Markets.
Features of this Service
Credis Bank Sh.a, as the custodian of governmental securities and bonds issued by joint stock companies, provides the following list to its clients:
- Opening of the securities account/escrow account;
- Settlement of all your securities portfolio transactions (such as purchase, sale, ownership transfer);
- Registering of all transactions of the securities portfolio;
- Reporting and confirmation of paid transactions as well as sending information on the current portfolio situation at any time required by investor;
- Maintaining good relationship with the issuer of financial instruments (Ministry of Finance and Bank of Albania or other supervisory institutions), for everything regarding the market representation, coupon payment, taxes, etc.;
Treasury bills are short-term financial instruments with a maturity of 3, 6 and 12 months. The gained interest on this instrument is calculated as the difference between the nominal value and the purchase price of the coupon.